Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day One

Day one of Kindergarten was a huge success according to Ella Grace!

~she doesn't like the playground (it's too small)
~recess was very hot
~she loves Smucker's Uncrustables (something I've never bought before, but they were on sale, I had a coupon, so she got one for lunch yesterday and again today at her request )
~there's a water fountain in the classroom
~she's allowed to look at 2 books during rest time and then must be very still
~Mrs. Kennedy (her teacher) had to tell several kids to sit still during the day
~She got to see Gabe in the lunchroom
~She sits on the rectangle on the rug
~They had art yesterday--her art teacher told them to draw a bumble bee.

When asked if she wanted to go back again? "Definitely!"

And she made my day with? I was telling Eric about the huge smile that was on her face when I picked her up (after waiting in the insane carline...another post to be sure!). She looked at him and emphatically said, "Well, I was so happy to see her; I'd been missing her all day!"

I love you, my girl!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Mary Beth, I'm sure that made your heart melt!

Weston has been asking me if Addison is going to miss him when he starts 4 year old preschool next week...so cute!

Oh, and Aldi had uncrustables in their ad this week - I went and bought some for the first time this morning - Weston had one for lunch today and he LOVED them, too. Thought that was funny that we both just bought them!

Hope school continues to go well for Miss Ella Grace!