Tuesday, August 5, 2008

4 Year Old Faith

Earlier this morning while riding in the car:

Ella Grace: Mom, you got enough gas?
Me: Yes, baby!
EG: Okay...well, if we ran out of gas, you could drive and me and Annabelle could push the van.
Me: The van is pretty heavy, you know?
EG: Yeah, but it would be me AND Annabelle.
Me: Oh.
EG: Do you think that's a good idea?
Me: Not really. If we ran out of gas, I think we'd have to come up with a different plan.
EG: (After a little thought and said with much excitement) Mom, I know what we could do if we ran out of gas!
Me: Okay, what?
EG: We could just ask God to move the car!

Of course. What was I thinking? Sadly, that thought had not even crossed my mind. Oh, for a tiny taste of that kind of faith--what would my life look like?

On the way home, we heard the song "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong; the chorus reads:

"Saviour
He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save

Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave"

I sing passionately that He can move a mountain, but don't even have the thought that He could move a car?! Thanks, Ella Grace, for reminding me that God is mighty to move the great and the small! Thanks, Lord, for moving me a little closer to You today through the faith of a tenderhearted four-year-old!

No comments: