Wouldn't you know that my husband took me to Mexico last week to celebrate our 10th year of marriage and then put me to work today? We spent the day painting our living room with the goal of getting much, much more painted in this house before summer's end!
On to Make-It-Monday...a "better late than never" edition!
The kids and I spent the morning at the zoo several weeks ago and the big interest for them on that particular visit was the reptile house. After naps, they made a few snakes of their own:
~1 12x12 sheet of scrapbook paper
~a large plate
~google eyes and
~a scrap of ribbon
1) Trace the circle shape of your plate onto the white side of the scrapbook paper and cut out the circle.
2) Draw a "swirl" shape on the circle (see picture above)
3) Have your child color on the white side of the scrapbook paper and then cut along the drawn "swirl"
4) Glue on an eye and a scrap of ribbon for his tongue
5) He hangs well from a piece of yarn strung through a hole punched in his head
Sorry I don't have any pics of the finished product! Would love to see yours!!