Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Give Thanks Banner

I had visions of making our family a banner for Thanksgiving using fabric scraps that I have laying around (Eric would write that sentence:  "that she has EVERYWHERE!"), but it's just not going to happen this year.  Instead, we spent a family night last week putting this one together!


We used card stock to cut our flags and stenciled the letters on each.  I love how it turned out!

Each year we make a "Thankful Tree."  I'm not sure exactly why we call it that because it has never actually looked like a tree.  We do, however, write something we are thankful for on a leaf, so maybe that's where it gets it's name.  This year is the first year that each of the girls understands fully what it means to be thankful for something.  If you look closely, you can see our leaves clothes pinned to the twine that we left hanging from the banner:

  
A few things the girls have been thankful for so far:

that God loves me
my sisters
fall fun
that I can give to others
that i have teachers who love me
that we can go to church

No comments: