Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend 2008



We celebrated today in true American style by cooking out with good friends! There were 15 kids, 5 of which have been born in the past six months. They splashed around in the wading pool and went through 100 water balloons in record time! Thanks, guys, for celebrating with us today!

Not to forget the reason we celebrate...

The older I get the more I'm aware of the sacrifices made so that I can celebrate today and everyday in any way I please. I'm thankful for the sacrifices made by men and women who chose to fight for our country's freedom; I'm also thankful for the sacrifices made by their Mothers, Fathers, Wives, and Children. Dad, thanks for being my hero! Papa Powell, Grandpa Williams, and all the others in our family that served in the Armed Forces: today we honor your memory! Thank you!

No comments: