Thursday, January 21, 2010

2009 Reading Review


I failed. Miserably!

That's why I hate resolutions.
Soon, I'll share with you this year's resolution...soon!
I did manage to read some books in 2009, so I thought I'd make a few recommendations in case your reading list is growing short (does that ever happen?)!

Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas


Highly recommend this as one of the best marriage books I've ever read! Our small group read it together and I think we all grew more spiritually through this book than almost any other we've done together.

The Prodigal God by Tim Keller


Also one our small group went through together. I'll never look at the story of the Prodigal Son the same way again. I'll never look at myself the same way again. I'll never look at my God the same way again.

Everyday Talk by John Younts


Phenomenal! Such an easy read but so full of great truths about how to talk to your kids in the everyday moments about God. Read through this with some other moms who are in the same life stage as I...love those ladies and their insights! The author did a Q&A after we read the book and is one of the most humble, knowledgeable men I've ever met!

Charlotte's Web by E.B White


Ella Grace and I read this during the summer and she was instantly a fan! I loved seeing her tenderness as Charlotte died! Sweet girl! She got the movie for Christmas and is currently listening to Mr. White read the story himself before bed each night. A classic!

Castaway Kid by R.B Mitchell


Eric and I both read this book while on our honeymoon trip. We both were so interested we had to take turns! It's a book about a boy whose mother placed him in a children's home. Many of the struggles he faced, we've seen first hand. It's written as a story, so it's easy to read, but full of truth on God's grace and love.

Stuart Little by E.B White


Another of White's classics that Ella Grace and I read through over the summer. She was amused by the adventures of tiny Stuart and I was happy to be reminded of stories I haven't heard in a long time!

No comments: